Requesting Interlibrary Loan Materials
- Use can the links below to request books and audio-visual materials that are not owned by the Atlantic County Library System. You may also request photocopies of magazine/journal articles not available in the Atlantic County Library System.
- Be aware that many libraries will not loan recently published or high-demand items, textbooks, rare or fragile materials, and electronic resources.
Use the following guidelines when requesting items:
- Books and Audiobooks – 6 months from date of publication.
- Music CDs and DVDs – 1 year from release date of the cd or dvd.
- Electronic format items, software & games cannot be borrowed.
We encourage you to search our easy-to-use library catalog before you submit a Request Materials form.
Request Books, Videos, DVDs and Audiobooks
Please enter all the information you have about the item. If the request falls in our guidelines, we will either borrow it from another library or purchase the item. We will notify you when the item arrives, or if we are unable to fill your request.
Note: Interlibrary Loan requests typically take a minimum of two weeks to arrive. Many libraries do not make audiovisual materials, such as DVDs, and audiotapes available through Interlibrary Loan. Therefore, these items might take longer to arrive.
- Request an article from a magazine, pages from a book, microfilm or microfiche.
- On the form, please be as complete as possible. Complete information speeds up processing.
- Sorry, requests for photocopies in excess of 50 pages can not be honored. Please limit requests from individual magazines or journals to five requests per magazine or journal title.
Suggest a Purchase
- Use our Suggest a Purchase feature to suggest a book, CD, DVD, or any other material for purchase. Your suggestions will be carefully considered.